Quinta de S. Sebastião

Quinta de S. Sebastião

About the Quinta

    

Quinta de S. Sebastião is located in a small town north of Lisbon called Arruda dos Vinhos, one of the sub-regions of the main region of Lisbon. Arruda dos Vinhos has a tradition of winemaking for over 1.000 years. 


Quinta de S. Sebastião was founded in 1755, the same year of the earthquake that destroyed most of Lisbon. Quinta de S. Sebastião has since played a major role in restoring the tradition and infrastructure while making outstanding wines. 


The vineyards are located on the same hills of “Forte do Cego”, which which an old military fortification. “Forte do Cego”, which was first called “Forte de S. Sebastião” (because of the Quinta), was part of a line of fortifications, called “Linhas de Torres”, that played a crucial role in defending Lisbon against the French invasions led by Napoléon Bonaparte. 


Today Quinta has become globally recognized and continues to grow under the current owner and Portuguese entrepreneur , Mr. Antonio Parente. 


The beauty of the Quinta is a complex combination of mild climatic factors, sunny slopes, geographic location, proximity to the sea, protection of the mountain, and of course the people who live and take care of Quinta de S. Sebastião’s lands and vineyards every day, 


The winemaker is Filipe Sevinate Pinto who has been with the winery since 2012 

Learn More

The vineyards are located on the same hills of “Forte do Cego”, which which an old military fortification. “Forte do Cego”, which was first called “Forte de S. Sebastião” (because of the Quinta), was part of a line of fortifications, called “Linhas de Torres”, that played a crucial role in defending Lisbon against the French invasions led b Napoléon Bonaparte.